A FEW FACTS ABOUT USING A STRETCH THERAPIST FOR YOUR STRETCH THERAPY NEEDS:
Did you know that using a trained and knowledgeable stretch therapist for your stretch therapy needs can decrease
the likelihood of injury while increasing your ability to perform to your at highest level? In fact:
- 47% of your flexibility is locked up in your joints.
- 42% of your flexibility potential is in your fascia.
- Assisted stretching is much more effective than self-stretching.
- Static self-stretching is not as effective as once thought, and offers little benefit.
- Fascia reacts to all forms of stress by tightening.
- FST improves the muscle’s ability to activate as well as relax.
- FST improves circulation as well as sleep.
- FST is an excellent prehab to prevent injuries from occurring by re-aligning fascia.
- Fascial Stretch Therapy is for EVERYONE.
- When you decide to book, click here to download the waiver form.
WHY IS FASCIAL STRETCH THERAPY (FST) BETTER THAN THE STRETCHING I DO?
Fascial Stretch Therapy is a far more effective method compared to traditional methods of stretching. The type of stretching done by the general population is static stretching, which is dictated by time and the amount of pain felt which is typically thought of as “the stretch”. This type of stretching is classic but research has shown it is not as effective as once thought. It takes very long to make, or even force, permanent gains in flexibility and can often be quite painful.
WHAT IS FASCIAL STRETCH THERAPY AND HOW CAN A STRETCH THERAPIST HELP ME?
Fascial Stretch Therapy is an advanced passive stretching method that utilizes a massage table and stabilizing straps to achieve optimum stretch of the fascial system. The method uses special undulated breathing and traction to relax the tissue and provide the most relaxing experience possible. FST is the most dynamic and functional way to improve fascia which helps to eliminate pain, restore function, and improve mobility.
The Fascial system; a network of connective tissue surrounding muscles and joints is vital to the proper health and circulation of the body. Fascia is the most prevalent tissue in the body that is the least understood. The fascial system shows us it is important to not just focus on a single muscle or problem, but to look at the connective tissue around it help it relax so the problem is alleviated. Flexibility within the fascial system is vital to healthy circulation within muscles, joints, arteries, brain, and spinal cord.
DYNAMIC FASCIAL STRETCHING (FST)
- Reduces tightness in muscles.
- Reduces stiffness in joints.
- Improves and enhances sex.
- Makes you feel and look younger.
- Makes you stronger.
- Makes you taller.
- Can reduce pain.